Dr Daniel N Erasmus
(BA (law) BProc H Dip Tax Ph.D Adv Dip Transfer Pricing EA USTax Court Practitioner and NTPI Fellow)
Daniel is currently Chairman of TRM Services and is focusing on building the US chapter of the TRM practice working closely with EAs and CPAs and their clients in the US. He is a US Tax Court Practitioner, EA and an International Tax Attorney – with an excellent track record on tax cases. Daniel has worked in the field of taxation since the 1980s and is a leading pioneer in the advancement of developing a system of tax risk management to circumvent the adversarial nature of tax controversies with tax authorities.
Daniel is an Adjunct Professor at the Thomas Jefferson School of Law and previously served as Chairman of the Law Society of South Africa’s Tax Matters Committee for more than nine years. He has co-authored a number of books and publications and consults extensively to international EAs, CPAs and MNEs.
Renier S. van Rensburg
Renier van Rensburg is a Chartered Accountant from South Africa and has worked in various Corporate, Family owned and Medium Sized businesses in the Healthcare and Real Estate industries as CFO and COO. He has been responsible for various financial and other departments with varying line functions. His responsibilities range from strategic financial planning, accounting, executive reporting, Funder negotiations and execution, risk & governance management, all tax affairs (from planning to maintenance) with special focus on International Tax & Transfer Pricing for the last 7 years. He has a special interest in International tax and how Corporates manage their tax risk within the latest OECD guidelines and BEPS initiatives.
He is currently CFO for AttAfrica Limited, a Mauritius based property investment company focused on investing, developing and acquiring A-grade shopping centres in key SSA Markets (outside RSA).
- – Thomson Reuters – Tax & Accounting Solutions Specialist – Africa
- – Advocate – High Court of Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda
- Email: Solomonchoge@gmail.com Tel: +254722204882/ +27768148507 Education and Qualifications University of Pretoria, South Africa- Post Graduate Program/ H Dip International Tax Law University of Pretoria, South Africa – LLM – Mercantile Law Kenya School of Law- Postgraduate Diploma in Law Moi University, Kenya – LLB – Bachelor of Laws
- Over 10 years of professional tax practice:
- 2018 – Thomson Reuters – Tax & Accounting Solutions Specialist – Africa
- 2011 – 2017: Area Manager Sub Saharan Africa & TP Expert , Bureau Van Dijk Senior
- 2011 : 2011: Tax Manager, PKF Eastern Africa
- 2007 – 2011: Tax Manager/Associate, KPMG East Africa
- 2006 – 2007: Associate, Hamilton Harrison & Mathews Advocates (HH&M)
Professional and Industry Experience
Solomon also has over 10 years of experience in transfer Pricing and Tax Advisory offering services at a senior level in a number of countries in Africa. He is a leading expert in comparability studies and transfer pricing databases. Solomon has also experience in tax restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, business setups and structuring, offshore entity setups, tax reviews and Value Added Tax (VAT) refund audits. He has vast experience working with revenue authorities, government agencies and major players in key industries in the countries that he has worked in. These include oil and gas, tourism, manufacturing, banking, telecommunication, shipping and logistics, agriculture among others.
Solomon has worked with one of the big four global firms in the East African region serving its key clientele in the region. Solomon has been involved at a senior level in Transfer Pricing consulting (Benchmarking) and training Revenue Authorities and Tax Consultants across Africa. Further, he has spearheaded capacity building in the use of databases for research in Governments and private sector clients. Solomon has also assisted various clients and potential clients in the use various software solutions and databases. One of his key achievements include establishing new relationships and revenue streams with over 18 Governments and Revenue Authorities in Africa and all the big 4 audit firms
Solomon has been involved in transfer pricing policy documentation for multinational enterprises and national enterprises in countries like Kenya, Uganda, Ghana, Rwanda and Nigeria. He has advised multinational enterprises on domestication of their global transfer pricing policies in line with the local jurisdictions’ transfer pricing regulations. He has facilitated a number of trainings in areas of transfer pricing, local taxes, international taxation to various industries and in various countries including Kenya, Uganda, South Africa and Nigeria.
Solomon has extremely good relationships in the tax industry including key regulatory agencies. He has vast experience dealing with tax authorities and very good at arguing clients’ positions and presentations. He has represented clients in meetings with various regulatory agencies in a number of countries.
Solomon is also a trustee of Nanga Organization, a non-profit based in Kenya where he provides key legal and general advisory services on a pro bono basis. He is also a member of the Law Society of Kenya, Institute of Business Advisors, Association of Accounting Technicians South Africa (AATsa) and Institute of People Management (IPM).
International Tax Manager at Unilever
Tax Planning in mergers and acquisitions, International tax planning and transfer pricing
- 10 years experience in the Auditing profession.
- 6 years lecturing in under-graduate and post-graduate taxation.
- 15 years experience in corporate taxation and consulting
- Member of the Special tax court and past Chairperson of the Business Unity South Africa Taxation committee
- Group Tax Manager at Sappi Ltd
- Group Tax Advisor at Sasol Polymers
- Senior Lecturer at University of Pretoria
- Professional Assistant at Stofberg & Badenhorst
- University of Johannesburg- HDip Int Tax Law
- University of Pretoria – M Com Taxation
- University of South Africa – Bcompt (Hons)